Thursday, November 3, 2011

back in action/i think we're alone now

It's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks.
In between packing, working, and a super-mini vacation, my days have been full to the max.
But I am back in action!
So what better way to celebrate than by giving a lovely Halloween recap?

Photobucket

I hadn't done anything for Halloween for the past 3 years and really had the itch to do something this year. The horrible weather rained on the Halloween weekend parade (literally), but Halloween day was a fairly clear day.
In a random flash of genius (I have lots of those..), I decided to be Tiffany.
You know, "I think we're alone now"?
Redhead 80s teen queen?
Debbie Gibson's BFF?
Anyway. It's not like I had a particular adoration for Tiffany or anything (although once I did decide to be Tiffany, her song got stuck in my head for the rest of the month), I just wanted to do a really fun, really cheesy homage to the 80s.

Photobucket

I got a red wig, bejeweled a denim jacket, threw on some leggings and neon green socks and called it a day.

Photobucket

I was the extravagant version of Tiffany with purple eyeshadow and big tacky earrings reminiscent of pop-tarts.

Photobucket

Though of course once I put on the wig I became less Tiffany, more trailer park tramp. And once I got to the party and everybody made comments that I looked like Peggy Bundy, it was official.
Also, having to explain to everybody who Tiffany was...how annoying!
Get your pop culture knowledge together people!
Either way, it was one hilarious time.

No comments: