When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. (and/or add lime and tequila and make margaritas. Just sayin'.)
But when life hands you bad bananas, you make mini chocolate chip banana muffins!
The mini is optional, but they’re so much more fun to eat!
I get excited just looking at them! They’re so darn tootin’ cute!
(and delicious! We must not forget delicious).
Can you tell how excited I am by the abundance of exclamation points you've seen so far?
The husband buys lots of bananas to throw into his protein shakes. Well, lo and behold the bananas started to go bad.
This is where I come into the picture…to the rescue, if you will.
Bad bananas equal good muffins. Period.
The health benefits of cinnamon and bananas are wonderful (lower cholesterol, increased energy, brain power) , the vitamins and minerals are practically endless, and this recipe in particular is low in calories and fat.
They’re just the perfect little healthy snacks.
And delicious! Did I mention delicious??
Mini Banana Muffins
Makes about 24 mini muffins. You can make regular sized muffins, too. This recipe would make about 12.
Make sure not to over mix the batter or you will have tough muffins.
1 cup flour
6 T sugar
¼ t baking soda
1 t baking powder
¼ t salt
½ t cinnamon
2 bananas, mashed
2 T low-fat or non-fat milk
1 egg white
½ t vanilla
Handful chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cause I’m obsessed)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mix the bananas, milk, egg white and vanilla. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix - 10-15 strokes at most.
4. Scoop into muffin tins. Drop 1 or 2 chocolate chips into the center of each muffin.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool,. Or if you’re like me, eat warm. I love warm muffins!