Monday, April 11, 2011

right to bear legs


And arms.
And whatever else.
Spring has sprung!
And with it has come the time for shorts and tank tops and skin.
Granted, as a South Florida girl, yes I could have worn shorts back in January, but it just didn’t feel right.
The rest of the country was covered in snow and I was out frolicking in a pair of shorts?
I’m not that much of an asshole.
Besides, it got substantially warmer once spring hit. The past couple of days have been scorching hot. Skin has been begging to be flaunted, tanned.
These shorts are one of my favorite items in my closet right now.



shorts: forever 21. shirt: charlotte russe.

Talk about fabulous! In all of its high-waisted, pleated glory!
Every time I wear them I feel instantly chic.
Possibly man-repelling, but when I wore them out the husband thought they were great. He also compared me to a soccer mom. I shot him a look that made him wish he had never ever said that.
But I digress.
If you’re a curvalicious lady it can be hard to pull off high-waisted anything, but I think these work for a couple of reasons: the dark color slims the bottom half and the belt accentuates the waist.
Win-win!
And so perfect for spring.
Hello sunshine!


No comments: