Tuesday, January 24, 2012

dinner date

Photobucket

And just as quickly as that aviator jacket went on, it came off.
The days have been hot - almost too hot - and the hopes for anymore jacket days are long gone.
This is looming beach weather.
Not that I mind!
No, no.
Because I got to wear this little number.

Photobucket

This was actually a Christmas gift from my mom and when I opened the box and pulled it out, I had no idea what it was.
Holding it wrong, I considered it might have been some kind of poncho? shawl? ruffly thing...?
When I realized it had straps, the silhouette became clear - and I loved it.
The love deepened when I tried it on.
The v-neck and the ruffles down the front make for a long and lean figure. And the color! What can I say? It brings out my green eyes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Short-sleeve cover-up: Forever 21. Dress: gifted, Banana Republic. Shoes: Rampage / DSW.

Paired with the quintessential cover-up for a South Florida girl (one of the best purchases ever), a long necklace (also seen here), and some sparkly sandals, I looked and felt gooood.
A lovely dinner date ensemble for a delicious dinner date.

No comments: