Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a farewell to liz

Food is one of the best presents you can give. It’s comforting, it’s simple yet meaningful, and it’s full of love.
A friend was moving away to st. Thomas and I knew I just couldn’t let her go away empty handed (granted she wasn’t leaving entirely empty-handed - she was flying with her neurotic, yet charming, cat). Being a big fan of dulce de leche, I opted to make her these fantastic dulce de leche brownies. Brownies AND dulce de leche?? Is there anything else necessary in the world?? These brownies could probably stop wars.
While I’m not a big fan of cakey brownies, these actually have a great balance between cakey and fudgy. They’re a wonderful chocolate flavor and the dulce de leche globs are a delightful surprise. You really can’t eat just one. Though let's be honest, I rarely eat just one baked good when I'm baking.
But I have been trying to control my eating-a-whole-pan-of-brownies-in-one-sitting thing. What can I say? It's not easy.
And if you were wondering, she loved them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: