Tuesday, August 30, 2011

peas in a pod

My mom just came back from Argentina where she spent almost a month hanging out with family. When the question was asked: “is there anything you want me to bring back?”, the only logical answer was of course “get me a big tub of dulce de leche”.
She didn’t get me a ‘big tub’, but a good amount none-the-less.
There is nothing like Argentinian dulce de leche. It’s much darker than the kind you’ll find here and it’s taste is much richer, milkier, creamier. Maybe I am slightly biased, but it is so, so good.
And with such an abundance of it, it’s going into just about everything.
Like these freaking delicious cookies.

Photobucket

Can I remind you that chocolate and dulce de leche go hand-in-hand (case in point here and here)?
And this just drives the point home even more.
I start with this recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I omitted the white chocolate chips and opted for a handful of semi-sweet chips instead.

Photobucket

Then I slathered on the dulce de leche, squished them together and entered serious euphoria.

Photobucket

These are highly addictive. So much so that at around 1:30am while the pup was sleeping, I ever-so-slightly got up to grab one. Or two. Or three.
Occasionally glancing at the calendar marked dentist @ 10 am.
These cookies are so good, the cavities are worth it! Sort of.
Ok not really, but it’s nice to think so.

Photobucket

And for the record, I had no cavities.

No comments: