Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a grilled summer lunch

Photobucket

While those shredded pork lettuce wraps were delicious, sometimes I want something grilled, hearty, but still light enough for a hot summer day.
This is a fantastic take on meat and potatoes if you ask me.
With almost anything I grill (specifically on steaks), I use the same marinade: some lemon or lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and whatever spices I'm feeling at the moment.
On occasion I've used honey, too. The sugar caramelizes the meat and gives fantastic flavor. Either way, the marinade is versatile and incredibly simple.
And the best part: it can sit for as little as 10 minutes and you're ready to grill.
While the meat is grilling, throw on some boiled, sliced potatoes to grill as well.
I used some romaine I had in the fridge, but spinach is really good with grilled steak. Throw in some sliced carrots, broccoli, and whatever else you fancy. I'm a sliced almonds, cucumbers, and feta kinda girl.
Throw in the potatoes and steak.
As for the dressing? I keep it simple with lemon juice, olive oil, and some parsley.
Simple, fresh, clean, fantastic.

Photobucket

No comments: