Wednesday, September 28, 2011

the last hoo-rah

With the last bit of dulce de leche lingering in the fridge, I wanted to make sure I used it for something good. I had to do it justice. One last hoo-rah.
So I opted for a tried and true favorite.

Photobucket

These dulce de leche bars are delicious. Freaking delicious, if I may.
It starts with a basic shortbread crust, but that crust is just a vehicle for the fantastic chocolate-dulce de leche custard. The dulce de leche isn't so much a star as it is a sweet, lingering taste on the back of your tongue. The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate, which I absolutely love. You could substitute semi-sweet, but it might lean into too sweet. Either way, you can't go wrong.
It's rich, it's creamy, it's a great little snack.

Photobucket

slowly carving away...

1 comment:

the DEVIL said...

Chulce Handler Bars are the bomb.