Friday, October 7, 2011

flashback friday: diy jewelry

Photobucket

Continuing in the theme of teenage fashion, let's a trip back to when bright, tacky jewelry was the norm. And leading the pack for me was a serious favorite: toothbrush bracelets. In cleaning up and looking through old things, I found that I still had mine. Well, one of them anyway.

Photobucket

I've made many toothbrush bracelets in my day.
The trick is to get a kiddie toothbrush since they're thin and plastic and they're much easier to manipulate.
I do love to manipulate a toothbrush.
Moving on! The best instructions are here. I like to use oven mitts to help me shape the toothbrush once it comes out of the water. It seems to work best.
Talk about a fashion statement. And possibly a lovely addition to a Man Repeller arm party??

Photobucket

No comments: