Friday, October 7, 2011

currently loving: easy breezy

Photobucket

It seems a lot of the shirts you'll find hanging on the racks these days are oversized and loose. Unfortunately the oversized and loose trend does not work well with my - ahem - shapely figure. But when I saw this top, I was compelled to try it on.

Photobucket

Shirt: TJMaxx. Shorts: American Rag/Macy's. Necklace: Forever 21 (also seen here).

I was attracted to the print first. It's vibrant and bright. The fabric was fantastic, too. So I thought, why not?
I have worn this top about 3 days in a row now. My closet's feeling a little unloved, I'm sure.
When I put it on, I was instantly comfortable. It's fit in the right places, it's loose in the right places. It doesn't make me look like a big sack of potatoes; it's got movement.
Most frequently I've paired it with these white shorts that are quite possibly the best shorts I've ever purchased. They feel fantastic, fit perfectly, and go with just about anything.

Photobucket

And if I start to feel like a sack of potatoes, a thin belt can add a waist. But for now, I'll stick to this comfortable shirt in this still-uncomfortable heat.

Photobucket

Belt: Forever 21

But the weather is a-changin! Until then, this will be a staple til I have to swap it for shirts with sleeves. Ha. Sleeves.

No comments: